Food City & LoveFM are celebrating the National Family Meals Movement this September, a nationwide event designed to underscore the benefits of family meals and the role we can play in helping your family share one more meal at home per week. September is the perfect month to join in the conversation that encourages and inspires people to return to the kitchen to enjoy wholesome meals together. Dinner tables should be for more than just eating. Join the movement and commit to one more meal at home per week this September for #FamilyMealsMovement! Discover how one small change per week can improve your family’s health and happiness.
Eating together increases self-esteem, sense of wellbeing, positive social behaviors and stronger family connections.
Kids who take part in family meals…
- Set healthy habits and are less likely to be overweight.
- Do well in school and get into trouble less often.
- Have better mental health and positive relationships with family.
People who prepare meals at home…
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, iron, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Eat about 200 fewer calories and 16 grams of sugar less per day than those who go out to eat.